Saturday 1 September 2018

Bronwyn Robinson blog

This blog is writing itself!” or so Mo says, though everyone is still looking to me to make the announcement: first western palm warbler of the season! Did I take pictures of it? No.
 
beautiful adult black-throated blue warbler 
I make it up to you with a handsome blue-throated blue and incredibly unimpressed northern waterthrush. Both undoubtedly had very strong words to say to me, but they kept it to silent glares. I don’t think my ego could handle it should I spontaneously be able to understand the abuse they’d throw my way. The white-throated sparrows we plucked like fluffy ripe berries from the feeder nets would probably have the worst to say.
Northern water  thrush the thrush that is  a warbler 


In other news, I continue to be humbled by Swainson’s thrushes (meaning my hand was stained blue and I wonder how they manage to hold that much fecal matter for the sole purpose of inking me). I’m also rather envious of the fluff they’re hauling. How could evolution fail us humans? Give me down and feathers. I feel a failure of a bipedal. Even my feet, regardless of whatever armor I equip, leave me wanting. I thought my hiking boots could handle the morning dew but spoilers: I was wrong.



photo of the author



No comments:

Post a Comment